Celery is a green coloured plant which has wedged leaves which grow on a green coloured thick stalk. It is believed to be originated from Mediterranean area and has spread throughout the world now. It has long petioles and have a peculiar smell and taste while the texture is slightly coarse, crunchy, fibrous and a little salty too. It is mainly eaten as a cooked vegetable. But due to its crunchy nature, celery is often used in salads, burgers, wraps etc. You can also prepare healthy smoothies with the help of this vegetable. Whole stalk, along with leaves is edible.
- It contains loads of vitamin A which is really good for your eyesight.
- It has vitamin K and calcium which helps in developing strong bones and vitamin K is important for clotting blood at the site of injury.
- It is a good source of minerals like potassium, phosphorous, sodium etc.
- It helps in reducing inflammation and swelling.
- It is good for people with diabetes as it has very low glycaemic index. It will help in reducing blood sugar levels.
- It has very good amount of digestive fibre which helps in digestion and reduce symptoms of constipation.
- All the celery is cultivated in hydroponic systems. They are devoid of any type of harmful chemical and will be harvested on the same morning of delivery date. We ensure that all our produce is delivered with utmost care.
Storage – Shelf Life
It is important to refrigerate celery or else it will lose all its moisture. Wrap it in a plastic bag or in a container and keep it refrigerated. It should last for 10 to 14 days.
While we work to ensure that product information is up to date and accurate, we recommend to go through the ingredient list, labels, batch information, warnings and directions before consuming the product. The image(s) shown are representative of actual product. Please note that the product delivered might vary slightly in size, shape or colour. The actual weight of individual product may vary. Hence you will be billed based on the actual weight during processing.