Arugula is also known as garden rocket ruchetta, rugula, colewort or roquette in many different regions. It originated from Mediterranean region and is popularly consumed as a salad green. It looks like a small bunch of herbs growing from the ground with elongated and lobular leaves. the leaves have prominent veins and are green in colour. Its taste is slightly peppery or spicy which is perfect if you like your salads with a hint of spice and the leaves are crunchy when fresh. It tastes somewhat similar to radish when mature.
- Raw uncooked arugula packs loads if calcium, magnesium, phosphorous and potassium which is really beneficial for our bones and teeth.
- It also has vitamin C which is essential for a strong immune system and for healthy and glowing skin.
- It has certain antioxidants and phytochemicals which help in supressing any kind of inflammation in our body.
- It is very low in calories which means it can be added to your diet for weight loss.
- It also helps in maintaining proper functioning of organs like heart, liver, kidney etc.
- Arugula is cultivated chemical free mostly through hydroponic system in our farms. It is completely free of any type of chemicals and is cultivated with utmost care and hygiene. We try to ensure that the produce is harvested on the same date of delivery.
Storage – Shelf Life
You can store it for 5 to 7 days in the crisper drawer of your refrigerator. Try to use a large container or plastic bag so that the leaves have enough space and moisture to survive.
While we work to ensure that product information is up to date and accurate, we recommend to go through the ingredient list, labels, batch information, warnings and directions before consuming the product. The image(s) shown are representative of actual product. Please note that the product delivered might vary slightly in size, shape or colour. The actual weight of individual product may vary. Hence you will be billed based on the actual weight during processing.
There are no reviews yet.