This variety of lettuce looks exactly like oak leaves. They are green in colour, have deep lobes and are deeply serrated. The leaves are loosely packed in a semi tight rosette. They have a mild nutty flavour and can be picked at baby leaf stage too. The adult leaves can taste a little bitter and are thick and spongy. The stem is a little short which gives a rosette appearance. This variety originated from France. You can consume it in salads, sandwiches, burgers or wraps and even in vegetables, soups or curries.
- It is a very nutritious food with extreme low calorie count and high fibre which is really good for weight loss.
- It has extremely high content of vitamin A which is very helpful in maintaining a healthy eyesight.
- The leaves of lettuce have very high water content so you won’t be dehydrated.
- It has many other minerals like manganese, potassium, copper and iron. These minerals are required to keep your skeleton system (bones and muscles) healthy.
- These salad greens are cultivated completely chemical free. Our team makes sure that the produce is harvested on the same morning when it is supposed to be delivered. At Froots, you can be assured that you are eating salad greens of best quality.
Storage – Shelf Life
It is best to store green oakleaf lettuce in crisper drawer of your fridge by wrapping it in a plastic bag or by placing it in a container. By maintaining proper temperature and humidity it can last for 5 days.
While we work to ensure that product information is up to date and accurate, we recommend to go through the ingredient list, labels, batch information, warnings and directions before consuming the product. The image(s) shown are representative of actual product. Please note that the product delivered might vary slightly in size, shape or colour. The actual weight of individual product may vary. Hence you will be billed based on the actual weight during processing.