Just like its name, oakleaf red lettuce has burgundy coloured leaves which are loosely attached to its stalk. It looks like aged oak leaves which grow upwards and outwards. It originated from France and has a smooth buttery flavour. This variety of lettuce tastes very sweet and has a nutty crunch in it. Even if you are not mesmerized by its looks, you will surely never forget its flavour. You can eat it raw in salads or cook it in different dishes and even in wraps, sandwiches etc.!
- It packs vitamin A and beta carotene in it. It also has potassium, magnesium and phosphorous in high quantity.
- It is very high in nutrition and super low in calories so it is perfect for controlling weight.
- It is loaded with powerful antioxidants which protect your body against harmful free radicles.
- It has lots of digestive fibre which aids in digestion and relieves constipation.
- All the salad greens are harvested on the same morning of the delivery. They are cultivated chemical free and packed with utmost care.
Storage – Shelf Life
Wash and dry the leaves properly. Wrap the head in a paper towel and refrigerate it by keeping in a plastic bag or air tight container. This will keep the lettuce fresh for around 5 to 7 days.
While we work to ensure that product information is up to date and accurate, we recommend to go through the ingredient list, labels, batch information, warnings and directions before consuming the product. The image(s) shown are representative of actual product. Please note that the product delivered might vary slightly in size, shape or colour. The actual weight of individual product may vary. Hence you will be billed based on the actual weight during processing.
There are no reviews yet.