Swiss chard, often known as chard, is a member of the beet family but the edible part is stem and leaves. It is a green leafy salad green whose origin can be traced back to Mediterranean region. Its stem has variety of colours like red, white, pink orange or yellow while the leaves are usually large and dark green in colour with prominent ribs. It has an earthy flavour and taste a little bitter when consumed raw just like spinach. You can eat it raw or cook it as soups, curries or vegetables.
- Swiss chard is high in sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium and has trace amount of other minerals such as iron, zinc, manganese, selenium and copper.
- It also provides vitamin A, K, C and B6.
- All these elements play a vital role in normal functioning and maintenance of heart, lungs, kidneys, eyesight etc.
- It has many antioxidants which help our body in fighting various types of cancers and other diseases.
- Vitamin A and beta carotene will protect your eyes from diseases like macular degeneration or cataracts which develop by age.
- The swiss chards are cultivated without any harmful chemicals. Most of the salad greens are cultivated in our hydroponic farms. Our team makes sure that the produce is harvested on the same morning when it is supposed to be delivered. At Froots, you can be assured that you are eating salad greens of best quality.
Storage – Shelf Life
It can be stored for 7 to 10 days in the crisper drawer of your refrigerator. Make sure to wrap it in a damp paper towel or cloth to maintain moisture.
While we work to ensure that product information is up to date and accurate, we recommend to go through the ingredient list, labels, batch information, warnings and directions before consuming the product. The image(s) shown are representative of actual product. Please note that the product delivered might vary slightly in size, shape or colour. The actual weight of individual product may vary. Hence you will be billed based on the actual weight during processing.
There are no reviews yet.