Romaine lettuce is particularly known for its crispy dark green leaves. It has long narrow leaves with ribs which grow as a tall head. The head is elongated due to the upright leaves which is a basic characteristic of romaine lettuce. It has a very refreshing taste and leaves are juicy and slightly bitter. It probably originated in Rome which is why it is named as romaine lettuce. It is mostly eaten as salad or can be used to prepare smoothies as well.
- Raw romaine lettuce contains lots of vitamin A and antioxidants which help our body by fighting against harmful free radicles.
- It has high amount of potassium, magnesium, calcium and phosphorous.
- It is high in vitamin C which helps in boosting immunity.
- It is very low in calories so it is good for weight loss.
- Our team assures that lettuce is harvested on the same morning as the delivery day. They are produced chemical free and mostly in hydroponics system, where we assure premium quality and a chemical free produce.
Storage – Shelf Life
Wrap the complete head in a damp paper towel and pack it inside a plastic bag. Refrigerate it and it will be good to eat for 7 to 8 days. If you are storing separate leaves, it is better to dry them and pack in a container or plastic bag and then store them in a fridge.
While we work to ensure that product information is up to date and accurate, we recommend to go through the ingredient list, labels, batch information, warnings and directions before consuming the product. The image(s) shown are representative of actual product. Please note that the product delivered might vary slightly in size, shape or colour. The actual weight of individual product may vary. Hence you will be billed based on the actual weight during processing.
There are no reviews yet.