Beetroot is commonly known as beet, table beet, red beet, chukandar or chakundar. This is a bright red or purple coloured vegetable which will also colour your hands when you chop it! It is dark, juicy and firm with a smooth surface. The size may vary from a small golf ball to a tennis ball. It has an earthy flavour which might vary from person to person. To some it may taste sweet while others may find it less appealing to taste buds. This nutritious vegetable originated from Mediterranean Europe and North Africa. It is usually eaten in raw form in salads or can be cooked as a vegetable, soup etc.
- A raw uncooked beet root may contain high amounts of potassium which is an essential electrolyte for our body. It regulates muscle contraction and balances retention of water.
- It contains iron and folate which is required for RBCs and haemoglobin.
- Beets are high in magnesium and phosphorous which is good for post work out nutrition for recovery.
- Beets are high in fibre which will support your digestive system and improve your gut health.
- Adding beets to your diet can be really beneficial as it may boost your overall body health and immunity. We at Froots make sure that all our produce is organic and hygienically harvested and delivered to your door step.
Storage – Shelf Life
Cut the leaves from the top (if present) and pack the beets in an air tight container or a zipper bag. Place them in refrigerator and they can be consumed for the next 4 to 6 days.
While we work to ensure that product information is up to date and accurate, we recommend to go through the ingredient list, labels, batch information, warnings and directions before consuming the product. The image(s) shown are representative of actual product. Please note that the product delivered might vary slightly in size, shape or colour. The actual weight of individual product may vary. Hence you will be billed based on the actual weight during processing.